The shape of your timeline will be determined by:
- The amount of time between your decision to exhibit and the date of the exhibition
- The date when the exhibition set-up may commence
- The time required to pack and transport all stand materials to the exhibition venue
- Preferred delivery dates from suppliers
- The turn-around times of your suppliers – those within your organisation and those you contract for services
- Deadlines and publication dates of relevant print media
- Final dates for obtaining discounts on travel, accommodation, exhibition fees
- Other potentially relevant dates, such as public holidays and leave period for key staff
Ideally your timeline should be broken down by month over approximately a 14month period, to allow for complete research, costing, designs, stock procurement and promotion of your participation.
An excerpt from: Exhibitions: A Complete Guide
FREE Sign up for more great exhibition tips with Exhibitips – monthly newsletter.